Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good things to come

I love food. Nutrition simply fascinates me. I could talk about it all day long. At least 75 percent of the books I read are nutrition-related, and that’s without counting my textbooks. I think most people share my love of food to some extent and also have an innate desire to be healthy. Yet we’re bombarded with messages from the so-called experts, gurus, the media, and of course the food industry trying to sell their books, products and advertising space. So what is true, what should you focus on? I am right there with you. I ask myself these kinds of questions all the time. So in short, the purpose of this blog is to share some of the tidbits I’ve learned along the way from some very wise people, as well as my own experiences. I don’t think there is a lot of black and white when it comes to what is nutritious or healthy. I simply hope to give you, my dear future readers, a glimpse into the way I approach the quandaries of the nutrition world. Don’t get too excited, I’m saving all the good stuff for my book a few years down the road (kidding!)
I’m not going to confine myself to any particular niche here, because I want to keep to what is salient to both me and the rest of the world, as new studies and books are published and Oprah episodes are aired. I’m so excited for the possibilities and hope only to not be discouraged at the difficulty of living up to the perfect, romanticized blog in my head.

1 comment:

  1. I also love food and always reading about food and nutrition. Look forward to seeing what tidbits you blog about. Yes, there is plenty of information out there but deciphering all is another full time career. Hopefully with all of us nutrition minded people blogging there can be some answers for the general public

    ReplyDelete